Sunday, January 1, 2017

Beginning in 2017...

I've been eyeballing the Whole30 diet for a couple years now, but I've always been intimidated by it. I'm used to eating Taco Bell for one or two meals a day and skipping meals like breakfast entirely. In the last three years, I've gained 50 pounds and have generally felt less well than I have in years past. I have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia in addition to the depression and anxiety that have hounded me for my entire life. My Whole30 goals: To eat within my budget which is $25 a week. To hopefully reduce some of the fibromyalgia symptoms To reduce the blood sugar spikes and crashes that make my anxiety worse. The reason I'm working on $25 a week is that my boyfriend has been buying all my meals and I really haven't had to budget for food, so I haven't budgeted for food, you see where this is going. My intent here is to post tips on how to do a Whole30 program on $25 a week. I probably won't post original recipes, but I may share links to onse that I've tried. What I will do is post before and after shopping lists and what I paid for items. I'll also post what I ended the week with so I hopefully come to a medium where my prepared food is gone, but maybe I have a little frozen food left. The idea behind this is to use what I have first or justify buying more. For instance, I'm starting this week with 2.5lbs of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but I wanted to make bone broth, so I did get a whole chicken for my first week. Challenges as I see them are getting enough protein without losing my vegetables. Another challenge will be finding what I need for the price I need it at. Here's to a healthier January.

No comments:

Post a Comment