Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Day 3 - The challenge begins

Today was Day 3 of my first Whole30.

I've already started a tentative shopping list for next weekend and it includes some things that fell off my list last weekend because of prices.  For instance, dill was 3.47 or something for a small jar at Walmart.  At Natural Abundance, the local food coop, dill is sold in bulk for 1.47/oz.  I'm definitely going there for my spices.

Natural Abundance also has Coconut Secret coconut aminos, so I'll be having trouble talking myself out of blowing my whole budget or shopping early for those.

The hardest part right now is not blowing the budget and buying all the things I just found now instead of later.  I tentatively priced everything, but didn't write it down, so I'll have to go back and write down prices so I can plan accordingly, yes, I'm leaving my wallet home when I do that.

The good budget news is that I shouldn't have to buy meat next week, so I have a little bit of wiggle room for pantry items that will last more than 1 week.  I think my produce will be about $10 and I'll need a new bottle of olive oil.

I did blow the budget a little and spent some discretionary money on an immersion blender to make mayonnaise.  It's going to be a good investment, but I could have lived without it.  Homemade mayo is delicious.

Countdown to Saturday shopping: 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment